We’re out to identify the most promising education startup companies that share Pearson’s commitment to improving people’s lives through learning. Through Pearson Catalyst for Education, we’ll match startups with Pearson brands to deliver pilot programs, offering access to Pearson resources and product experts, plus the opportunity to work closely with a Pearson brand over the course of the pilot period.
About the Pearson Catalyst for Education program
What is Pearson Catalyst for Education?
Pearson Catalyst for Education is an open innovation initiative that matches top talent within Pearson, and our companies, with up to 10 start-ups to deliver 3-month pilot programs that address specific business opportunities and challenges. They are listed here.
How do we become part of Pearson Catalyst for Education?
The application process for Pearson Catalyst for Education programe is now closed.
I’ve applied for Pearson Catalyst for Education, what happens next?
Between now and the middle of May, all applications will be reviewed and matches identified with the opportunities and challenges put forward by Pearson teams. Throughout the process, we will be reaching out to applicants with questions and for more information. Once the matches are confirmed, all applicants will be contacted regarding their status.
What is the selection process?
The challenges were shortlisted based on how well they met the following criteria:
- Education product focused.
- Succinct and unambiguous.
- Allows for viable implementation during three-month program period.
- Transferable across the Pearson group.
- Potential to be scalable and impact the wider industry, likely to be disruptive, and opportunity for alignment with startup entries.
Who is leading Pearson Catalyst for Education?
The Future Technologies team in collaboration with ARC (the Omnicom Media Group agency behind incubator initiatives such as PepsiCo 10) are leading Pearson Catalyst for Education.
What funding do we get if selected?
Pearson Catalyst for Education is providing up to $10,000 for travel and related costs.
Where will Pearson Catalyst for Education be based?
Pearson Catalyst for Education is a virtual initiative, in the sense that start-ups will continue to work out of their existing location as will the Pearson brand participants. The $10,000 stipend is there for each startup to cover items such as travel and expenses.
I missed out the deadline, can I still apply for Pearson Catalyst for Education?
The Pearson Catalyst for Education process is now closed, but we’re always looking to work with innovative startups. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information about your company:
- Company Name
- Site, demo URL or application
- Describe your startup (be concise, aim for 100 words)
- Describe your product, including what it does (be concise, aim for 100 words)
- Why are you interested in working with Pearson?
What’s the latest update?
- There have been a total of 202 applications
- 124 applications met the submission criteria
- Pearson ideas with highest number of start-up matches: Intelligent English Vocabulary Learning App (19) and Certification Test Prep App (17)
- Now the tough job begins! We’re in the process of selecting the right startups that match up with the ideas from our Pearson brands